POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : These look seriously impressive ! : Re: These look seriously impressive ! Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: These look seriously impressive !
From: Adrien Beau
Date: 24 Oct 2001 02:49:07
Message: <3BD66466.2A592338@free.fr>
Dave Dunn wrote:

> Hmm, that's interesting. I have not seen links to any modelers on either
> of those sites, nor have I seen any (freeware or shareware) modelers
> that write to their respective formats.

Well, I have read both sites, and it is explicitely mentionned
in several places (perhaps there are no links, though). In fact,
their whole business plan lies there.

Both packages feature integration (sometimes a work in progress)
to Maya and 3D Studio, and some work in the Blender area.

> I would be most interested in
> knowing which modelers write to these renderers as I have not yet
> deleted them.

I have not checked the details, but I'm not sure the Maya
or 3D Studio plugins are free. That's the whole idea: you
can try the rendering engine for free, you can even use it

want to do professionnal modeller-based work, please pay.

--
Adrien Beau   adr### [at] freefr   http://adrien.beau.free.fr/